Wear Resistant, Low Friction Coatings
Diamonds are your weapon in the war on wear & friction.
Many industrial and consumer applications benefit from having a protective coating with low friction and dirt repellent features, while still maintaining high wear and corrosion resistance. As examples, frying pans can be made multiple times more hard wearing, and high performance coatings on automotive components can enhance performance, efficiency and durability.
uDiamond® coatings and additives are used worldwide in solvent or water based paints, resins, fluoropolymers and other specialized coatings. uDiamond® can bring improvements in durability of up to 300% and friction reduction of up to 66%. Improvements are in both adhesive and abrasive wear.
Main application areas include:
- Fluoropolymer coatings – PTFE, FEP, PFA
- Wear resistant, low friction coatings for lubricated or unlubricated machinery or engine parts
- Automotive, aerospace, oil & gas, industrial, marine etc.
- Acrylic, epoxy and polyurethane coatings
- Durable coatings for industrial and consumer products
- Coatings for medical, industrial, food processing and other industries
- Wear resistant coatings with retained transparency and other optical properties
- Coatings with tuned refractive index
Carbodeon co-development model
We work closely with our customers to ensure the product achieves the targeted improvements. Nanodiamond material may be added to coating formulations using one of our specific uDiamond® coatings additives, nanodiamond liquid dispersions or functionalized nanodiamond powders.